- Embroidered folkloric dress from the region of Puebla, Mexico.
- Cotton multicolor embroidery is handmade form beginning to end.
- Light weight cotton-polyester blend fabric.
- All edges finished with overlock machine.
- Wash on delicate cycle with like colors. Iron on medium heat paying attention to the embroidery. Please see Care.
A little bit more about this dress:
The practice of embroidery is a very ancient practice dating from the pre-Hispanic era. Through this technique, artisans make an impression of their reality, using elements that surround them as flowers, birds and landscapes. The artisans embroider this dress with pedal machines, just like they’ve been doing it for centuries.
Each dress is different between them, because it is subject to the imagination and the momentum of the craftsman. The color combinations and the motifs that adorn it are always variable.
There is such a high demand of these dresses that the indigenous people found a way to produce them faster with an embroidering a pedal machine.
This is a dress that, due to its versatility and beauty, copied and reproduced in many parts of the world, in a massive way. It is important to distinguish between an original dress and a cheap reproduction, because, with the purchase of an original dress like this, you are contributing to the preservation of a millenary culture and supporting a dignified job and fair trade.